STRANGE TRAVEL STORIES 1-2-3 [written for WhatsApp]

STRANGE TRAVEL STORIES - 1
Mysterious photographs

I am usually traveling alone and staying alone in hotel rooms all over. There is this hotel high up in the mountains in a beautiful remote town. I find that whenever I stay there, I sleep very peacefully. But when I check my cellphone in the morning, I find that someone has used the camera in the phone inspite of the password. There are usually a number of photographs that show me sleeping in the hotel room. This has never happened in any other town. Strange...

Vagrant Birdwala
(Bharat Bhushan)


STRANGE TRAVEL STORIES - 2
The empty seat

I sometimes get to travel by flight to cities that do not have frequent travelers. On these occasions, I am usually traveling by Dornier aircraft that are much smaller than Boeings with 2x2 seating. Due to my large body volume, I guess, they usually give me seat 18D which is in the centre of the plane. Seat 18C is always kept vacant, and I am happy that I can sit comfortably. But, on each flight, the air hostess on her rounds for serving food and drinks, keeps asking someone on the vacant seat 18C, if they would like to eat "Veg or Non Veg" and /or "Tea or Coffee". Strange!!! But thankfully, that mysterious passenger has never asked for anything on any of the flights.

Vagrant Birdwala
(Bharat Bhushan)

STRANGE TRAVEL STORIES - 3
My family in the hills

I met him as a co-passenger on a 48 hour train journey from Mumbai to Kanyakumari. We were in an AC section and there were very few passengers. In our section, we were the only two passengers. He wanted to immediately go to sleep and he requested "please do not wake me for anything". Naturally I was curious. He woke up after about 6 hours. He looked very happy. And he explained. He said that he has two families. One back at Mumbai. The other was somewhere in the hills up at Himachal. And each time he sleeps, he travels to them and lives with them. It is a very normal life. He has a regular job there, a wife and kids and parents. And when he wakes up, he is back with his family and job in Mumbai. I looked sceptical, but he assured me that it is perfectly normal for him. Everyone dreams in their sleep, but he travels to live another life. Perhaps, he said, "you do the same. You do not know it." And, he advised, next time you sleep, start traveling with some faith in the journey.

Vagrant Birdwala
(Bharat Bhushan)


No comments:

Post a Comment